What types of service calls are Rossmoor residents placing to the Orange County Sheriff?
Rossmoor residents contact the Orange County Sheriff to report a variety of issues or to request assistance. Click here to explore service calls posted on the OC Blotter site. The OC Sheriff’s Blotter provides both 7- and 30-day views of calls the Sheriff receives for reported Rossmoor activity. A regular review of the calls in Rossmoor will provide an accurate view of law enforcement activity in the community.
What information will I find on the Sheriff’s Blotter?
For each call received, the Sheriff’s Blotter includes:
- Call Received: The time the call taker in the Sheriff’s Office begins entering the call into the system.
- Call Dispatched: The time when a dispatcher assigns the call to an available unit.
- Case Number: The number assigned to each incident for tracking purposes.
- Incident: The reason for the call or response.
- Location: A block address which is not a specific address due to privacy.
Does the Sheriff’s Blotter include the final determination of the reported incident?
The Sheriff’s Blotter records the initial situation reported by the caller. Sometimes the actual circumstances at the scene differ (greatly) from those provided in the initial report.