If speeding is an issue on your street, please call the
CHP: 714-892-4426 and let them know.
- Which intersections have stop signs with limited visibility due to tree foliage (see below for a list)
- New, larger (36″) stop signs have been installed along Montecito and Foster to improve visibility.
- Planning is underway to place additional 25 MPH speed limit signs on busier streets
- Reflective strips will be placed on stop sign poles to increase visibility.
- An inventory of non-reflective street signs is being taken so they can be replaced with newer, reflective versions.
CHP & RCSD Check Stop Sign Visibility
- Northbound Martha Ann Drive @ Mainway Drive
- Southbound Foster Road @ Bostonian Drive
- Southbound Foster Road @ Mainway Drive
- Northbound Foster Road @ Mainway Drive
- Westbound Tigertail Drive @ Foster Road
- Southbound Montecito Road @ Bradbury Road
- Eastbound Shakespeare Drive @ Foster Road
RCSD staff is working closely with the CHP and the County to determine if the trees at these locations can be trimmed, or if they need to be removed.
If you know of an intersection that has a difficult to see stop sign that is not list above, please let us know (link will open in a new page) the intersection and direction so the Rossmoor Traffic Committee can address the situation with the County.