The RHA has been a part of Rossmoor since the first families started to move into the tract back in 1957. It is this organization that continues to speak for the interests of Rossmoor and the people who live here as it has since 1957.
Below you will find a summary of some of the things the men and women who have served the RHA and the Rossmoor community over the years have done and continue to do for all of us.
If you would like to lend a hand, please contact us so we can all benefit from your time, talents, and treasure.
Communications / Community Updates
- Liaison with LAUSD on matters of interest to Our Rossmoor and for ensuring the continuing high quality of education in the LAUSD
- Partnering with the RCSD on events and other matters affecting Rossmoor.
- Educational forums for Rossmoor residents.
Community Contests & Activities
- Holiday Christmas Lights Celebration Contest
- Annual RHA Graduation Parade
- Town Hall Meetings including
- Emergency Preparedness Training
- Meet Your Candidates Night
- Water Conservation & Sustainability
- 25th, 50th & 65th Rossmoor Anniversary Events
Parks / School Sites / Neighborhood Beautification
- Rush Park Tot Lot Playground Wall and Equipment. The Tot Lot Tile project helped to fund the replacement of playground equipment to meet current safety and ADA requirements
- Revised landscaping and sidewalks for Rush Park offices and auditorium
- Helped Fund Rush Park Kitchen renovations
- Obtained grant for Rush Park & Parkway tree planting
- A master plan for trees now managed by the RCSD and Orange County
- Endorsement of and support for Rush Park Acquisition
- Campaign for the acquisition of Wilson School site and then its conversion and maintenance to Rossmoor Park.
- Opposition to the selling of the Rush, Lee, and Weaver school sites
- Re-zoning of two school sites from R-2 to R-1
- Spearheaded plans and the drive for the Rossmoor Signature Wall along Los Alamitos/Seal Beach Boulevards.
Neighborhood Watch & Preparedness Programs
- Coordination with Orange County Sheriff re: criminal activity and other issues
- Implementation of Neighborhood Watch Program and Coordinating the Watch Block Captains
- Posting of Weekly Sheriff Activity Reports from the OCSD
- Emergency Preparedness programs for earthquakes and other general environmental emergencies
Mobility & Traffic Safety
- Traffic issues coordination with CHP and Los Alamitos and Seal Beach Police Departments
- Continued monitoring and input on planned changes in freeways near Rossmoor including the West County Connector Project including obtaining an acceptable 405 to 605 freeway HOV connector redesign
- Traffic monitoring of Seal Beach Blvd and The Shops at Rossmoor
- 405/605 Freeway sound walls