Rossmoor has about 3600 homes and a large portion of these homes have at least one pet and many have more than one.
There are many health benefits of owning a pet. They can increase opportunities to exercise, get outside, and socialize. Regular walking or playing with pets can decrease blood pressure, cholesterol levels, and triglyceride levels. Pets can help manage loneliness and depression by giving us companionship.
- Decreased blood pressure, cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, feelings of loneliness, anxiety, and symptoms of PTSD.
- Increased opportunities for exercise and outdoor activities; better cognitive function in older adults; and more opportunities to socialize.
- Teaching responsibility and gives a sense of purpose and accountability.
- Dogs need to be on a leash at all times, even at our beautiful parks. This is a county regulation and it’s to provide a safe environment for everyone.
- Always pick up your dog’s poop from your yard, our parks, your neighbor’s parkway, and any other public places by using a bag, and dispose of it in proper areas. Dog and cat poop can contain parasites and germs that can be harmful to people.
- Keep your children away from areas that might contain dog or cat poop to prevent them from getting roundworms and hookworms.